Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

Spring Update

My last post on this blog was over a year ago! There has been so much I've wanted to share, but there's a very good reason why I've taken a long break: we had a baby! Our beautiful little girl was born last year on August 2nd. We are blessed beyond belief to have her in our family! She is joyful, giggly, and easy going. The boys adore her and she lights up whenever she sees them. Life is a little tougher, but a whole lot sweeter with her here.



Gardening while pregnant started off as a challenge and then became impossible. To keep the garden alive and flourishing I had a lovely friend do a "garden share" with me and come over to garden once a week with her little children. She planted some of her own things, kept up with what I had managed to put in, and weeded. We shared the harvest. It was such a great experience I would love to do it again if the need arises!

Since we would have a newborn (and no sleep) all winter we decided to sell all of our animals in the fall (we had our turkeys butchered and ate them!). So we are now starting over with our little homestead. This year the early spring weather was ridiculously warm, so I got a spring garden in by April. I made a third vegetable garden bed, planted sixteen more blueberry bushes, another twenty feet of raspberry canes, and have plans to finally buy the sheep we've been planning for for almost two years!

I promise I'll be back to share more, but for now here are some pictures of our spring garden.























1 comment: